Sunday, April 1, 2007

Reflection Picture

Fire rips through the forest taking lives of all types of animals: large, small, weak, strong; the fire has no mercy. The fire even crawls over the land and into suburbs, destroying homes, businesses, and even taking the lives of humans. It’s when I see images like this that I begin to get butterflies in my stomach and a lump builds in my throat as tears well up in my eyes. The reason why I get this type of reaction so strong is because my boyfriend is one of the few people that actually go into the depths and face the fire up close and personal. My boyfriend is a US Fire Service fireman. He goes down every summer to Cibola, New Mexico to do the job. The job is tough and dangerous but he does it because like me he loves the mountains and when we see how destructive the fire is he jumps to the rescue.

Anymore I am beginning to see more of these images and videos on the television because the weather is starting to heat up. It will happen as I’m flipping through the channels and I’ll catch a glimpse on the MSN channel or CNN. I just get so worried that that is what my boyfriend will face again this up and coming summer. Than I start to think of why he does it and how much I would love to see what looks like the fires from the depths of hell, destroying the beautiful landscape, be defeated and put out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of a sudden it's getting hot in here. I thought the color of the photo was beautiful! Some how I manage to block out the bad part of the picture (the idea that the forrest is burning down to the ground and animals, plants, humans could be dead) and think of happy thoughts (for example, sitting next to a toasty campfire, roasting marshmallows and telling ghost stories). If my life plan goes down the drain I want to be a firefighter. Just think, how many days a month do they work and how much do they get paid?